On 1/24/00 4:03 PM, Craig Spooner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     repeat for each line i in tVar
>         if tSearchItem is in item tWhichColumn of i then
>             put x & cr after tAnotherVar
>         end if
>     end repeat
>
>But I'm wondering if there's a better (faster?) way to do this. Would

Definitely look into the filter command. It involves a little work on
your part getting the filter key correct, and be sure to work on a copy
of the data, since it works on the data in place, but it's very fast,
even when you use an odd key to, say, match data only in the seventh item.

gc

This is the MetaCard mailing list.