On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Nicolas R Cueto wrote:

> ...and along lines similar to my "line delimiter?" post, is there an
> mc-way of allowing users to play a sound file at a point of their
> choosing rather than always from the beginning?  (Perhaps this involves
> calling up an external application, such as Sound Recorder, in which
> case, how does one do that or where do I begin looking up references?)

In MetaCard 2.2.X you can do this with the mciSendString() function on
Windows, but there's no way to do it on the Mac.  In 2.3, you can use
the player object to do it on both platforms (but not UNIX) if
QuickTime is installed.  Set the startTime and endTime properties of
the player, then set its playSelection property to true.
  Regards,
    Scott