Frank Pappajohn wrote:

> Don't you need to type "D:\" (backslash)?
>
> >How do I identify the path to the CD-ROM drive on a Windows machine?
> >This returns false:
> >
> >  there is a directory "D:/"
> >
> >However, this returns true:
> >
> >  there is a file "D:/myFile"

Haven't a clue. I tried that, along with about 20 other variations of
colons, forward slashes, back slashes, etc., and MC always returned
"false". The best one was this handler I wrote:

on test
  answer folder "Pick a folder."
  put it
end test

When I chose the D drive, the result in the message box was: "D:/". When
I typed "put there is a directory 'D:/'" the result was false. Go figure.

Someone just told me I had to scan every letter of the alphabet looking
for a file I know exists on the CD. That seems pretty Gatesian, given
that on a Mac I can say "there is a folder 'CDName'" and MC returns
"true". Do I really have to do all that scanning?

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay        |             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
HyperActive Software          |                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]