Scott Rossi wrote:

> > I would like to share a Metacard Moment with all of you.
>
> Here's another MetaCard moment, though it is a bit different...
>
> I was up all night, working on a stack for about 8 hours straight.  It was
> about 3AM and things were looking good when suddenly the stack window
> closed.  I thought I must have inadvertently hidden the stack by mistake,
> but attempting to show it resulted in "stack not found".  When attempting to
> open the stack, the stack was not present in the directory file list.  Low
> and behold, it had disappeared completely from my drive.
>
> Of course I had been thinking "I should be making a copy of this thing" all
> along...
>
> After a couple of minutes of severe panic, I employed the use of a file
> recovery utility which (thank god) was able to see all the recently saved
> versions of the stack.  (Apparently every time you save a stack on a Mac,
> the previous version is "trashed", or at least the Finder believes so).  I
> was able to recover the mysteriously disappearing project, with not an undue
> amount of relief.
>
> This was my MetaCard moment.
>
> (Make the backups, bla bla bla...)
>
> -----
>
> On a different note, I also want to commend Scott R for his record timing in
> returning answers to technical questions and concerns.  Even suggestions for
> utilities to aid development.  I think folks would be hard pressed to find
> someone as helpful and responsive in this arena as Scott.

I still remember my first experience with MC's support. The entire
delevopment team (4 of us) stayed especially late one evening, working
feverishly to finish a project by the next day. At about 10 PM we ran
into a difficulty we didn't know how to approach, so my boss e-mailed
Scott. Within 15-20 minutes Mr. Raney had responded with a solution.

You gotta understand - we're talkin' a whole different ball game
here...

> Now if I could only talk him into building that damn blend ink effect...
>
> Many Regards,
>
> Scott

Phil Davis