At 1:08 PM -0600 8/2/2000, Tereza Snyder wrote:

>On the mac...
>Has anyone figured out how to open a standalone by dragging one of its
>files to it, or double-clicking one of its files, and then reading that
>file? I've looked at the environment variables $0 and $1. $0 has the path
>to the stack, but $1 is empty (MC2.3g8).
>
>Isn't that the way it's done in Windows?

Have you created/edited the necessary resources in the Mac standalone
to link the application, the files, and the associated icons? The
resources involved are BNDL and FREF (and any icon resources you
need). You will also need to set the creator and file type strings
for the relevant files.

You will need a resource editor such as ResEdit to do this (probably
available from Apple's website.).

This can be a fiddly procedure. The best way to start is probably to
look at the Metacard application itself to see how these resources
are set, and then edit them for your own application.

Does anyone know of an online guide for setting this stuff? Or is
there an easier way to do all this?

Cheers
Dave Cragg

This is the MetaCard mailing list.