on 2/11/00 5:03 PM, Scott Raney at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Since we cannot gurantee a fixed frame rate as you point out, what mechanism
>> exists for setting the starttime, endtime, or currenttime properties to a
>> specific time?
>
> I'm not sure what you're asking for.  You can set the times to
> whatever values you want, and can allow the user to create a
> selection based on what they *see*.  Not sure how "frames" even enters
> into the equation.

MC 2.3 does not appear to accept standard QT time values:

  set the starttime of player 1 to "00:00:01:23"

... generates a script error: expected integer.

But these integer values are for the timeScale, which has no direct
correlation to the frame rate.  For example, I have some animation files
here with a timeScale of 600, a frame rate of 4, and a duration of
"00:00:01:00".

So, given only a time code and a timeScale value, how does one accurately
set the startTime, endTime, and currentTime properties to a particular time?

Hope I didn't miss something too obvious (was up kinda late, needing a
nap)...

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World