On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:47:56 +0000, Peter Reid wrote:
>I already have MachTen installed and running which is why I asked the
>question.  However, taking your advice, what's the best source of
>Linux PPC and do I need a dedicated machine for it or can I run it
>from a bootable Jaz cartridge or a special partition of an existing
>disk for example?
>
>Cheers
>Peter

You might also be interested in Virtual PC 3.0 with Linux. The
installation is sort of already done apparently; and I think the
partioning of the drive is not necessary because of the way Virtual
PC just takes over its whack of Hard Drive space with a sort of
virtual partition effect that's much less hassle. On top of that, you
can switch back and forth between your running MacOS and the Linux,
managed on the fly by Virtual PC. All the other installations are at
best dual boot.

I don't have it yet, but am planning to do so in a month or two. Hey,
maybe you could tell me how it works! ;-)

Thanks in advance, Peter!

David
--
David Cramer, Process Innovation Evangelist          87-1313 Border Street
PBSC Computer Training Centres (an IBM company)      Winnipeg MB R3H 0X4