>  > From: Peter Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  > Subject: Blank Images from Disk (Mac MC2.3g)?
>  > Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:58:16 +0000
>  >
>  > I'm trying to load various images that make up the screen design of
>  > my stack directly from disk files rather than have them embedded.
>  > However, if I use something like the following:
>  >
>  > set the fileName of image "MainTitle" to "/MacHD/Images/title.gif"
>  >
>  > I just get blank filled rectangles instead of the images themselves.
>  > If I select the same file from within the MetaCard development
>  > environment, it displays correctly.  I've even looked at the source
>  > code in this part of the development environment and can't see where
>  > it's doing anything different to me, but my code simply doesn't work?!
>  >
>  > Any suggestions please, this is driving me nuts!

Just call me stoopid!!

I was using relative file locations and a control file to set up
various folder offsets.  However, I'd forgotten to declare one of the
sub paths as a global and so it had an empty value at the point where
it was being used to access the images!

Sorry to have bothered the list with my stupidity!!

Cheers
Peter