Peter,

Very cool.. I'll give it a try. Here is a script I came across which allows
an easy way of sorting columns:

For sortable colum/table widget, here is a solution:
   1. Create a field
   2. In the field's properties dialog box:
      Set the hGrid and vGrid to true
      Enter tab stops in the Tabstops field
        (50,90,130,170 as example)
   3. Enter information in the field one row at a time, by hitting tab key
      for each colum in a row.  Hit return key when you come to the end of
      row.  Cursor takes you to the next row in the field
   4. Put a button above or below each column
   5. Script for sorting the field by colum in each button will be:

      sort lines of field "myField" by word 1 of each
        (sort each line/row by first colum)

or

      sort lines of field "myFidle" by word 3 of each
        (sort each line/row by 3rd colum)

You can also set the itemDelimiter to "tab" and sort by items if your
items must be able to have spaces in them.

Blair Moxon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is the MetaCard mailing list.