On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, David Bovill wrote:

> Thought so, but I gather there is a problem with being able to do this?

Only the amount of work required.  Actually one other problem is that
it might be hard to find an ISP willing to host it: Most of them have
no problem installing MetaCard engines for use with CGI scripts, but
are not so keen on letting you set up continuously running
servers. But it would work fine in an "Intranet" environment, or if
you had a "colocation" server set up someplace (your hardware running
on their local network).

Building something like majordomo (which is written in Perl and works
with sendmail) in MetaCard would be easier because you wouldn't have
to deal with the SMTP part.  But it seems to me that as long as you're
going to do it, you might as well go whole hog ;-)
  Regards,
    Scott