At 10:46 AM +0000 14/3/2000, Peter Reid wrote:
>Sorry if this is obvious, but is there a simple way of sending e-mail
>from MC2.3g under Windows (preferably Mac as well, but less vital).
>I'm writing a CBT where the end results are to be e-mailed to a
>central coordinator if possible.  Given that this could be on any Win
>95/98/NT (2000?) system, do I need to know the details of actual
>e-mail/browser packages or can I send a general mail protocol message
>that ill use whatever e-mail system is supported?
>
>Cheers
>Peter

Hi

I'm a bit late on this one, and not much help to Peter I think.

But if like me, anyone has to send e-mail from 2.2.5, it's possible
to use the "mailto:" protocol (as used in html) in a shell command on
Windows. This won't send the message, but it will open the user's
e-mailer with address and subject fields (and perhaps the body)
filled out.

You need to build a string like this:

start mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject="my results"?body="Hello everyone"

Put it in a varibale (e.g. tCom) and then use the shell function:

get shell(quote & tCom & quote)

I've read the whole string may be limited to 256 characters in some
e-mailers so getting the body filled out may not always work.

It won't answer all needs, but it may help in some situations.

Enjoy the weekend!

Cheers
Dave Cragg