>OK, thanks for the help so far.
>
>I'll ask very focused questions from now on.
>
>In trying to examine the MCDemo2.mc to "see how it is done." I can get the
>focus to that stack using topstack="mcdemo2.mc" and then open the control
>browser etc. but then when i go to the next card the scripts all start to
>run. . .if I do command period, my system hangs momentarily. i can get the
>message box up and open the tools and set the backdrop to none and get back
>Home,more or less, but then if try again to move to another card in the
>demo, it starts up. . . How do you make the whole thing just remain static
>and then move from card to card to examine the scripts in the cards and
>objects?

One solution is to save copies of substacks from the mctools.mc stack
as mainstacks on their own. Start up MC, choose "open.." and open
mctools.mc.
Go Edit, Stack properties (opens the palette), choose Components,
doubleClick on the name of the stack you want, it opens, type in
Message Box "clone topStack()"
and you'll have a copy of that stack. Save it, quit and restart MC,
and open the saved stack. Switch to edit mode and there you are.

--
Regards, Andu