On 29/3/00 2:33 am, Sivakatirswami <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Re the EPS "problem" we can obviously as a last resort, open them in
> photoshop or illustraor and then:
>
> Import by taking a snapshot or
> Save as a JPEG.
>
> In terms of memory requirements/bytes used. . .which is more efficient? is
> the MC snapshot tool creating a "bloated PICT" object." there for making the
> JPEG a better option? For development, the snapshot approach is fast. .

MetaCard does do a simple compression on images, but saving them with a
dedicated image editing package into GIF/JPEG or PNG format (depending on
which is most appropriate for the type of image) will be more efficient.

Regards,

Kevin

> thanks
> Hinduism Today
>
> Sivakatirswami
> Editor's Assistant/Production Manager
> www.HinduismToday.com
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.xworlds.com/>
Cross Worlds Computing, MetaCard Distributors, Custom Development.
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.