>I cloned the download stack, making it a substack of another main stack,
>calling it "HA Download Stack"
>
>in the main stack I have the button
>
>on mouseUp
>     downloadNgo "http://www.himalayanacademy.com/studyhall/syllabus.mc"
>end mouseUp
>

>But i get an error message saying "can't find handler, bad token
>"downloadNgo"
>
>I presume this is because the button is on the main stack and is thus
>"above" the substack. . .i.e. the custom command plus href are going "up"
>the message hierarchy but the substack is "below" it.
>
>how do i get the command to go to the substack script?
>
>i tried this:
>
>on mouseUp
>   send  downloadNgo
>"http://www.himalayanacademy.com/studyhall/syllabus.mc"\ to stack "HA
>Download Stack"
>
>end mouseUp
>
>But that also doesn't work.

Several things: first do everything with one stack make sure it works the way you want.
When you *send* a message it needs to be quoted:
send "downloadNgo" etc.
It is good practice to keep most scripts at the mainStack level. That way it is easier
to edit them, rely less on globals and in case of trouble there's only one place to
look for  (in theory).
Also if you do have scripts in other stacks you can use "start using stack X" and then
just send the command.

>Hinduism Today
>
>Sivakatirswami
>Editor's Assistant/Production Manager
>www.HinduismToday.com
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/metacard%40lists.best.com/
>Please send bug reports to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, not this list.

Regards, Andu