Yes!

As I understand it, those people will need help.  Asymetrix seems to be at
least putting ToolBook on the back shelf:  it's been two years and all
they've come up with is a minor upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1.

MetaCard is the closest thing they've got.  Oh, and what a discovery it
would be for them:

- Great interpreter
- All three operating systems families
- Radically lower prices

Two ToolBook programmers and three production staff cost a ToolBook shop:
  TB Instructor:  $2495 x 2 = $4,990
  TB Librarian:    $995 x 3 = $2,985
  __________________________________
  Total Authoring Hit         $7,975

Compare with a similarly-staffed MetaCard shop:
  MetaCard License: $995 x 2 = $1,990
  MC Starter Kit:     $0 x 2 =     $0
  __________________________________
  Total Authoring Hit          $1,990

"Save more than 75% -- go MetaCard!"

:)

The version issue raises a question:  Mr. Raney, I know we all deplore
companies who jump major version numbers for mere bug fixes (we needn't
mention names of course), but tell us:  Why are you so conservative with
MetaCard's version numbers?

2.3 could well have been called at least 2.5.  With it's QT support, new
tokens, and much better Mac support, it's anything but a _minor_ upgrade.

We appreciate the modesty, but from a marketing perspective have you
considered the perceptual value of upping your version numbers to better
communicate the strength of what you're delivering?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World