On 6/13/2000 11:05 PM Jacqueline Landman Gay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I've got a stack that repeatedly sets the filename property of various
> images. Is there a way to keep these in memory even after the image
> content changes so that, once loaded in, they are immediately available?
> Sort of a pre-buffer-and-store thing?
>
> I know I could store the images in the stack and set a button icon to
> use them instead, but there are almost a megabyte of images and the
> stack would get fairly bloated.

Jacque, I'd suggest storing the filenames into a custom property. This would
be instantly accessible.

Something like "set the filename of image "myImage" to line k of the
storedfilenames of image "myImage"

Is this what you are looking for?

Raymond