on 6/14/2000 5:01 AM, Ruediger zu Dohna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Or, if we wanted to entertain the concept of a "colulmn" chunk type, we
>> could look at a broader set of language extensions.
>
> We have had an external for this for about 8 years now and I had
> proposed a different syntax on the xTalk list on March 20th, but I
> hardly got any response... maybe I too should post to the metaCard list
> instead ;-)
>
> The idea is essential, though!
>
> Regards
> Rüdiger

A "column" chunk type would be good. But would it be implemented with items?
For example, if you have a several lines, each a comma-delimited list,
column(2) of mylist would return item 2 of each line, separated by returns.

Yes, I'd like that! In fact, that would make life a *lot* easier in certain
areas! Scott?

Raymond