Signe Marie Sanne wrote:

> I seem to have forgotten how to type the lower and upper case of the
> following French letters: ç (c cédille) and ¦ (the o and e attached)
> in a standalone on Windows. I'm grateful for any suggestions.
>
> Regards
> Signe Marie Sanne
> 1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
> Oysteins gt. 1
> 5007 Bergen          http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/default.html
> Norway
> Please send bug reports to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, not this list.

On Linux and, probably, Windows too :

c cédille = numtochar(231) in text mode or &#231; if you need to use it in html
mode
| = numtochar(166) in text mode or &#166; if you need to use it in html mode

If you need more about chars, just use the script below :

on numtocharInfo
  put "" into fld buffy
  repeat with c = 1 to 255
    put c && quote & numtochar(c) & quote & cr after fld buffy
  end repeat
end numtocharInfo

Regards, Pierre Sahores

WEB, DB, B2B & ASP design.
Because people develop knowledge from scratch
rather than being born with built-in knowledge,
we can adapt to different circumstances.
Sampson, Geoffrey. Educating Eve :
The "Language Instinct" debate.
London: Cassell, 1997 [1999].