on 9/16/00 12:59 AM, Andy Bailey at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am trying to write a patch to an existing application.

Two other possible solutions, which may or may not violate your license,
would be:

1. Instead of trying to copy the new stuff into the old stack, copy the
user-customized stuff out of the old stack into the new stack. This doesn't
really qualify as a "patch" in my book, but depending on your goals might do
the trick.

2. Edit the old stack as a pure text object. Obviously this is tricky, not
recommended, perhaps not possible at all, possibly a violation of the
license agreement, and in general Not A Good Idea. But it would certainly
not produce the script limits problem your current method does.

gc