On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 James Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Help
> Metacard has installed flawlessly for me under MacOS, Linux and Solaris
> but of course will not install under Windows 95
> I launch it and I get the Metacard splash screen which refuses to go
> away, I get an error message BEHIND the splash screen which I cannot
> read. The Splash screen colors are all weird.
>
> I've turned off wideo acceleration in system control panel.
>
> advice anyone?

Sounds like the problem is with *running* it, not installing.  Install
problems generally are limited to bugs in InstallShield that only seem
to crop up when there are a large number of files in one of the TEMP
directories (/TMP or /TEMP or /WINDOWS/TEMP).  Removing all the junk
in those directories will allow the installer to run, and as a bonus
will improve system performance in general.

But your problem sounds more like the 800x600 resolution check.
Pressing return should remove that dialog, but this problem shouldn't
exist in the current 2.3.1 release (nor in the upcoming 2.3.2
release).  If the colors are messed up, though, you've probably still
got screen driver problems.  Upgrade to the latest version for your
graphics card, then make sure resolution is at least 800x600.  For
best results, you should use 1024x768x16 bits (thousands of colors) or
higher for development.

If you've still got problems, please send an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the details on the type of system you're
using.
  Regards,
    Scott