On 23/11/00 1:04 pm, Gregory Lypny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone have an example (or can anyone direct me to the relevant
> help resources) of a MetaCard stack that can access a web site and
> extract specific information from a web page?

Use the URL commands to download the page, then you can treat the html that
is returned as text and parse in the normal way.  For example:

put URL "http://www.xworlds.com/" into tVar
set the htmlText of fld 1 to tVar --remove html tags
ask "Search term?"
if it is in fld 1 then answer "text found"
else answer "text not found"

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited (formerly Cross Worlds Computing).
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.