on 1/2/01 3:10 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm working on a chat program, bolstered by the help
> of others on the list. I want to get the IP address of
> the person chatting with me, even if they don't know
> how to get it themselves. I investigated hostAddress
> and peerAddress but ran into a puzzle -- can anyone
> explain it?

I have just implemented that feature.  This is what I did.

 --FIGURE SENDERS IP ADDRESS
  set the itemdel to "|"
  put item 1 of s &  " " into field "whatever"

The s variable contains the other person's ip information.  This should be
placed somewhere after the read command.  I think it must be in the same
handler as the read command though.

Hope this helps some.

-Mark Talluto