Could you make the image a button with the icon set to the image and use:

on mouseEnter
 set the icon of me to redIcon
end mouseEnter

on mouseLeave
 set the icon of me to whiteImage
end mouseLeave

<< I would be most greatful if someone would help me with the following
problem.

I am developing a stack on a G3 Mac which allows the user to time events
by clicking on an image of a stopwatch.  This is a gray scale image on a
white background.  To indicate that the cursor is over the image I would
like the white to turn to red, leaving the image of the stopwatch
visible.  Her's what I have done so far:

1.  I selected the image and brought up the color pallette.  If I selct
foreground and then red I get the result that I want.  However, when I
set the foreground property from a script nothing happens ( I was using
on mouseEnter)

2.  I then created a graphic to cover the image of the stopwatch.  I
played with this for a while and got it to work by selecting color
0,255,255 which is a greenish blue and then setting the ink to SubOver.
When I show the image from the script the result is exactly what I want.
The problem is when I then run the stack on a wintel machine The result
is that the image comes out the greenish blue color and obliterates the
image of the stopwatch.

I am running MetaCard 2.3.1

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Wall