Dude,

If you write a program with MC then you can write your own installer!

here's the autorun.inf file you put at the root of your cdrom

[autorun]
OPEN=INSTALL.BAT
ICON=project.ico

To copy files, run a hidden DOS shell window!

install.bat

REM GRP:Proj.Lim
REM Cat:Limbu
REM Object: Limbu INSTALLER
REM Author: Xavier Bury

REM Version: 1.0

REM Modified: 20001602
REM Created: 20001602

ECHO OFF
if EXIST c:\myproject\ goto Update

 echo Installation du Tarif Limbu en cours
 xcopy .\myproject\*.* c:\myproject\ /v /s /e

 if errorlevel 4 goto ErrorMemory
 if errorlevel 2 goto ErrorCancelled
 if errorlevel 0 goto endinstall

      goto unlockfiles

:Update
 echo Mise a jour de fichier en cours
 copy .\myproject\*.* c:\myproject\ /v

 if errorlevel 4 goto ErrorMemory
 if errorlevel 2 goto ErrorCancelled
 if errorlevel 0 goto endinstall

goto unlockfiles

:ErrorMemory
  echo Not enough memory
  goto endinstall

:ErrorCancelled
  echo User aborted
  goto endinstall

:unlockfiles
 ATTRIB -r c:\myproject\*.* /S

:endinstall
exit

or...
have MC read the file, then write the file elsewhere!
Whichever it is, it shouldn't be hard to adapt to NT, changing drives,
editing autoexe.bat, etc...

The only MetaCard documentation you will ever need while scripting is the
index in the help menu of the mctool bar. Type object, property or function
to start with! Check out also open, write, directory, shell, etc... It's the
best reference for MC. There's more help pages at xworlds.com too! soon at
runrev.com i guess... The site is looking cooler at each change!

hope it helps before it's obsolete!

X going OS!