> We just finished reworking our schedule for the next release in
> response to the OS X release announcement.  OS X and the Carbon
> libraries are still changing too frequently for us to plan a release
> on or before that date, but we should be in beta by then with a
> release a few weeks afterward, depending on how severely the release
> version of OS X breaks the beta version we're testing at the time.

For those of you who haven't been dealing with this elsewhere, I can
reinforce Raney's statement about the ever-changing Carbon "specification"
-- every developer I know is very frustrated with the state of things at
Apple regarding this.  They're all expected to have fresh apps, but Apple's
giving them nothing solid to go on.  Yeah, it's a big job and all, but if
Jobs thinks he's going to have most apps Carbonized by June he's been
spending too much time in his jet, where the air is apparently too thin.

I'm just grateful that we get all this for a low annual subscription fee.
I'm familiar enough which what Scott Raney and other developers at his level
are going through, and it makes me infinitely appreciative to be able to
rest my work on such strong shoulders.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation