On 19/1/01 8:05 pm, Ruslan Zasukhin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I understand reaction of Simon, which decide that this is just spam.
> Valentina is new for Metacard community, so probably many people are not
> aware yet that actually Paradigma offers a product for Metacard developers
> -- Valentina XCMD (VXCMD)
> as for MAC so for Windows.
>
> We do release of the WHOLE product line.
> This means that release 1.8.7 offers improvements and fixes to VXCMD users
> also.
>

>> On the other hand, it's nice to get information about
>> Metacard-related products. We're not exactly swamped with them. :)
>
> I also think so, there is nothing bad to get announcement on list of new
> products and updates which will help you work.

My opinion on this is that such an announcement is *not* spam, that this
kind of information is useful and relevant to this list.

Nor is it all that important that every *single* post that goes to this list
be exactly on topic: the vast majority are, and in general I think its
helpful to have a relaxed policy - people use this list as a general
development resource.  For example, asking questions about monitor
resolutions and modem speeds are not *precisely* related to MetaCard, but
are so useful and close to the subject that I wouldn't think for a moment to
try to interfere with them.

Finally, as a general point, I think the best place to protest about spam,
or other unwanted posts of any description, is my mail box - rather than
this list...

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited (formerly Cross Worlds Computing).
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.