The latest version of my MC spreadsheet can be found at
http://ufp.uqam.ca/pan/metacard/spreadsheet2.mc.sit.hqx
My spreadsheet has been improved in the following manner:
-The multiple scrolling fields are now grouped and the size of the group can
be altered with a "sizer" button.
-Custom sizing of custom worksheet spreadsheets is now possible.
- The user can perform cut,copy,paste, sum and average function to the
hilited cells.
-The query button brings up a palette where the user can enter a dynamic
query on the spreadsheet. I like this a lot. Field 1 = f1, field 2 =f2 and so
on. An example query would be:  get line c of f1 = 3 and line c of f2>4 or
line c of f3 < 2
I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions and scripts.
I chose to post my stack on Alain farmer's Pantechnicon site:
 http://ufp.uqam.ca/Pantechnicon/index.html
The Pantechnicon is a collaboration of HyperCard users and developers
 warehousing everything that has ever been done with HyperCard. I found that
many of the Hypercard stacks and handlers on this site can be directly ported
to Metacard. I personally plan to submit further MC stacks to this site and I
hope others will also.
mike