on 1/26/01 2:02 PM, Sjoerd Op 't Land at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Mark Talluto wrote/ schreef:
>
>> Hello.  How do you empty out the contents of the clipboard?  Have tried
>> various things, but have found no better way then to copy a blank space from
>> a field.  Is there another way?
> I was trying some other ways for you, but then came across the question:
> "Why would I want to empty the clipboard?" I couldn't think of a proper
> reason. You?
>> -Mark
>
> Regards,
> Sjoerd
>

> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/metacard@lists.runrev.com/
> Please send bug reports to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, not this list.

Well I am glad you ask.  I have made a small stack that distributes text
across different fields.  When a blank line is copied, for some reason it
does not replace the previous copy.  So, I end up with a duplicate line of
text when I really wanted the blank space (just a carriage return) to be
copied.

I have gone around this by checking for carriage returns first before
copying.

-Mark