I have this simple script that is to manually examine addresses in a field.
The addresses are in simple label format, if one has more than 4 lines, the
script exits, puts the address in the message box and tries to find it in
the field. Where the user is to manually fix it. Problem is I can't get the
script to find the data in the field. I have used "Whole" and "String" to no
avail. I know the address is there. . .because I can see it in the message
box. . .the value of x, but why can't MC find x in the field? This works in
Supercard. . .I am missing something.

on mouseUp
  set the itemdel to "ƒ"
  repeat for each item x in fld "tTextField"
    if the number of lines of x ‚ 4 then
      put x -- OK we know we got one. . .it shows in the message box
      find x in fld "tTextField"
      find whole x in fld "tTextField"v
      find string x in fld "tTextField"
           --none of the above work to find a multi-line string
      exit repeat
    end if
  end repeat
end mouseUp

I also tried waiting till the repeat was over then trying to find the bad
address:

on mouseUp
  set the itemdel to "ƒ"
  repeat for each item x in fld "tTextField"
    if the number of lines of x ‚ 4 then
      put x into tBadAddress
      exit repeat
    end if
  end repeat
   find string tBadAddress in fld "tTextField"
end mouseUp

That also didn't work? Clues anyone?

Hinduism Today

Sivakatirswami