On 7/2/01 4:21 pm, Ernst Michael Reicher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> how to update delivered stacks???
> if they contain userData you have to make something like exportImport
> routines if you send the whole stack/s to the client...
>
> but what if you just find a small bug in a script???
>
> I tried to write an updater which sets the wrong script to the right script
>
> it works well while testing it with my registered homestack open...
>
> but not when it´s closed
> even when I make a standalone with my registered version the updateprocess
> causes a scriptLimiterror if the altered script is longer than I think this
> 10-line-limit????

Right: this is the only limitation on standalones, they revert to the
Starter Kit limits.  Otherwise you could write a product that competes with
MetaCard and sell it as a standalone.  The solution to this type of problem
is to replace the entire object by copying it in and deleteing the old one
(being careful to set stuff like the layer or grouping it if necessary).

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited (formerly Cross Worlds Computing).
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.