> So let's all lay off the HyperCard folks.  Many of us here may look down on
> HyperCard, but somewhere there may be a person who graduated from MetaCard
> to C++ who is laughing at us.  And that's not right either.

With one difference:  for many applications, choosing C++ is simply throwing
money into the trash can if a 4GL can do the job (see Osterhaut).   But I've
seen nothing in HC that can't ultimately be done better, faster, and (with
the exception of label printing) in less time in MetaCard than in HyperCard.

This is no reason to "poke fun" at the handful of remaining HyperCard users,
but does offer one more reason for them to consider MC as their alternative
once they accept what Apple has done to them.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation