On 23/4/01 11:06 pm, Monte Goulding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It is a very simple thingto add a button to the home stack to do this. Make
> a checkbox called "lock messagges"
> set the text align to center
> set the icon and the hilite icon to those locks on the icon palette
> put this in the script:
> on mouseUp
> set the lockMessages to the hilite of me
> end mouseUp

This doesn't work - lockMessages is reset at the end of the handler.

> another good one to put on he home stack is selectGroupedControls

Or use the toolbar in Rev...

>>> and Kevin on 04 May 2000 added responding to the same message:

>>> presumably meaning to have such a "static mode" available in Revolution,
>>> which up to date in not the case.-
>>>

>> There is indeed no static or author mode connected with the pointer
>> tool, but there is - as announced - a "suppress messages" button in the
>> "development" menu. Sorry again.
>>
>> This solution - or the connection with the pointer tool - should be
>> definitely added to Metacard as well.

This mode was non-trivial to implement and we didn't connect it to the
pointer tool as we thought you wouldn't always want it to be active when in
pointer tool mode.  Its one click away on the toolbar though.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!
Tel: +44 (0)131 718 4333.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.