Sorry, I had a serious brain fart this afternoon. My post should not have mentioned mchttpd at all, just mc - I got seriously confused there.

As for installing mc on your server, I'll let Scott answer any security questions which may arise. MC appears to be relatively safe, however, I never asked Scott about the wrapper which I think should be addressed before everyone runs off installing it on their server (if they can), I still think the server's owner should know what you're installing.

Sorry for the confusion.

If it's *not* your own server, wait until mchttpd has a proper wrapper before installing it yourself.

[snip]

Play safe, we consider mchttpd experimental until it's *wrapped*.

Any idea of when a proper wrapper should be available ?

just asking...

JB