Hi

I'm trying to write a small file conversion utility and I'd like to
be able to drag and drop a source file on to the icon for a
standalone written in MetaCard.  The idea is that it starts up and
opens the source file, converts it into a result file and then either
awaits another drop on its icon (or File menu Convert command) or
simply closes.  This is mainly for the Mac but it would be handy if
worked on the PC as well.

I tried using the $0, $1 command line parameters, but they simply
return the name of my standalone program, not the file dropped onto
its icon.

Any ideas please?

Cheers
Peter