"Raymond E. Griffith" wrote:

> > Most likely a transparent image overlaps the text.  In order to get
> > the background color/pattern of these things right when printing
> > (printing of transparent images isn't supported by the printer drivers
> > on any platform), it actually takes a snapshot of the rect on screen.
> > If any text is in that rect, it's grabbed at screen resolution.  But
> > then that text will be drawn again at printer resolution, hence the
> > "double exposure" effect.
> >
> Nope. Can't be that here with me. Although the card contains a gif with a
> transparent background, it definitely *does not* overlap the text.

That's a good point, actually. In my setup, the transparent background
image covers the entire rectangle of the card. Only the center area
prints double. The image is just a series of grids drawn with HC's paint
tools. Text goes inside the grid. Some of the text is okay, some isn't.
Some lines of text print fine in their entirety, some fuzz up in the
center only.

In this case, MC would be taking a snapshot of the whole card, but only
the text inside one particular area seems to be affected. Seems like all
the text would be overprinted in this situation, but it isn't.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
HyperActive Software           |     612-724-1596