On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Is there any way to reliably trap for update events in a stack?
> I've tried trapping everything I could think of (moveStack,
> resizeStack, suspendStack, resumeStack, etc) but it seems pretty
> clutzy. Do I need a nasty hack in an external, or is there a
> supported way to do this (external or scripting)?

The recommended solution to this problem is Embedded MetaCard, which
allows you to take over the main event loop.  Adding an update message
is not something we've considered because it's not something scripters
are ever likely to need.

> I'm working off a
> mac library that refuses to draw into a GWorld, so I can't draw into
> that and then set the imagePixMapID of an image to that GWorld as in
> the external example.

Too bad, as this is really the right way to do it.  The only other
thing I can think of would be to try to create a child window of the
stack's window (accessible via the windowID property).  I've been told
this works on Win32 and UNIX/X11 systems, but I don't know about
MacOS.

> Incidentally, is there any more specific info
> to be had on the pixMapID properties and what exactly I can pass to
> them?

Only what's shown in the external tutorial has been tested and is
guaranteed to be safe.  But it should be possible on Win32 and MacOS
systems to pass pretty much any Bitmap/GWorld regardless of it size,
depth, colormap, etc.  Don't try this on UNIX/X11, though, because
that doesn't support operations between pixmaps of different depths.
  Regards,
    Scott