Jacqueline Landman Gay wrote:

> Craig Spooner wrote:
>
>> I haven't worked with HyperCard in many years, but it seems like it
>> should be possible to make the conversion without too much
>> difficulty.  But I wanted to ask if any of you have done this and
>> learned, perhaps the hard way, what works and what doesn't,
>> especially with respect to images that HC uses the Picture XCMD to
>> display.  That means they're stored in the resource fork, right?
>
> No sweat. Use the versatile shareware program Graphic Converter. It has
> an option where you can point it at a file and it will save every PICT
> resource (and icons too) to individual files on disk. You can grab
> everything all at once that way in just a few seconds. Then you just
> re-import the images as MetaCard objects and you are on your way.

One small addition to Jacque's wise recommendation of the great Graphic
Converter:  For cross-platform use, have the PICTs converted to another
format when they are saved out, as MC can only display PICT in Mac OS.

PNG is generally good for those, but if they're photos you may get better
compression with JPEG.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation