Signe (is that your first name? - sorry if I got it wrong),

I tried duplicating your efforts. I created a stack on my Mac and a button
on it. I set the showBorder to true, the 3D to true and the opaque to true.
I set the backgroundColor to red and the foregroundColor to white. I didn't
set it disabled yet because I was planning on doing that last. First of all,
the backgroundColor doesn't show red unless you change the Look and Feel
from "OS Native" (which will leave it light grey) to "Macintosh". Assuming
you did that (because you didn't mention that your background color wasn't
right), I then set the disabled stated to true. Here's what I got, and the
differences between the enabled and disabled states:

- 3D "look" went flat, and the borders became grey (this is OK because if
you have a "normal" button that uses standard colors, the effect is the
same)
- White text became grey

The only thing that didn't seem to change is the background color - it
stayed red. I suppose that makes sense, although it would be nice to
"grey-out" whatever background color is in place (basically changing red to
a light pink) when an object is disabled.

Is this the effect you're getting? If not, I can send you screenshots of
what mine looks like.

Please let me know,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software