>>SJOERD
> writes:
>Mark Mitchell wrote/ schreef:
>
>> [snip]
>> In 2.3 it worked fine.  You could
>> hit return, control/click (Mac) and type away
>> in a different color.  However, 2.4 does not return the clickLine unless you
>> have already typed something and
>>> click directly over some of the text you have typed.  So this script does not
>> work so well now
>
>SJOERD:
>I'm afraid i can't help you with this one.
>
>MARK:
>
>> [snip]
>> Also, I think I learned this once but I forgot.  Is there any way to know
>>> which line of a field you are currently typing in?
>> ie. the line which the cursur is currently on?  I'd like to be able to recieve
>> a tabkey message and change JUST the currently
>> typed line of the field.
>
>SJOERD:
the selectedLine returns the line where the cursor is in, also when there is
no multi-char selection.

MARK:
In fact, you DID help me with both problems.  Switching from the clickLine to the
selectedLine has totally solved the first
problem.  The SelectedLine returns properly before one has even typed anything at all.
 Thanks Sjoerd!

mark mitchell
japan