I'm still having a few problems with version 2.4.

1. Control click in an active (locktext false) field on the Mac does not seem to send
a mouseDown message, though mouseUp
works just fine.  In contrast, 2.3.1 did send this message, so this has required
changing some old scripts around.

2.  The new "record sound file..." is still not working well for me.  The quality is
bad and if I specify 'best' , 'better' or
'good' quality, it does not make a difference;  they all sound the same:  Bad.  This
is using the default format on the Mac.
I have not experimented with other formats yet.  But if I try to put the quality
specification in quotes, or if I attempt to
use a local or global variable for the quality specification, I get a "missing quality
specification" error message, and
cannot compile the script.

I was very excited about this new record sound feature, but it just does not work for
me nearly as well as the old external
did.  The old external works fine.

mark mitchell
japan