I have a standalone, with embedded stacks, and with external stacks.

The standalone has a creator code and custom icons, and all is well.

I want the external stacks to also have custom icons, different from the standalone, but nothing I've tried gets the icons to stick.

Setting the creator code to the same as the standalone, and creating the various icon resources, works until the stack is opened. The moment the stack is opened, Metacard itself changes the creator code to Metacard's, and Metacard's icons replace mine. I've tried with and without bundle bits, and with various settings checked in the Get File Info item of ResEdit.

Even when the standalone opens the stack, and Metacard itself is not running except the embedded portion of the standalone, the icons change back to Metacard's. And the standalone and stack, neither have Metacard's icons in the resource fork.

What specifically, needs to be done, to have stacks with custom icons? The stacks are part of the standalone program, mostly to save data into, but have other uses as well.

I did not set a new file type for the stacks, as Metacard needs to recognize them and treat them as stacks.

Walk me thru it guys, for I am baffled (again :-)

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com