On 12/13/02 11:06 AM, Klaus Major wrote:

I meant: has someone succesfully replaced the 4 bit MC icon
of a standalone with another 8 bit icon.

If yes, how ? What icon-editor can do this ?
I would also love to be able to do this, but so far I haven't found a way. MC only allows enough space in the file itself for a 4-bit icon. I have seen some Windows programs that have separate .ico files in their folders and presumably the application is using that icon, but I don't know how it is done (a registry entry, maybe?) I asked once if MC could be updated to allow 8-bit icons, because that's really the standard these days, but apparently it would require too many changes to the MC file format to be practical. I have some beautiful Mac icons for my apps that I can't use in Windows, which is a shame. If anyone knows whether a registry setting would allow the use of 8-bit icons, I'd very much like some instructions.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | [EMAIL PROTECTED]