As a workaround in the meantime, have you considered walking through the
drive list looking for a specific file?  That would at least let you know
whether a specific CD is mounted.

--
 Richard Gaskin

Tried it. But if there is no media in the drive, it spits out an error on XP, instead of just letting me get the info quietly. I've read about this on the list. That it wouldn't spit out an error on other Windows platforms. But XP kills it.

I've gotten the drives, walked thru them, and done [if there is a file "D:/Somefolder/Somefile"] or [if there is a folder "D:/Somefolder/"]

Instead of just passing it over if there is not, it spits up an error window. Bad.

Shari C

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com