The first order of business will be to set up a mailing
list so that we can start discussions of how that group should be
organized and later, what changes to the UI everyone wants (and are
willing to contribute to!).  That should help keep this list focused
on *using* the UI, with some discussions of the engine technology it
shares with the new "standard" development environment, Revolution.

I'd say *this* is that mailing list. Not to put too fine a point on it but I'm exactly happy about using the RunRev UI, and if this list gets merged with theirs then I won't know what the hell people are talking about when they start mumbling about RunRev windows/palettes etc.

If RunRev wants to give me a free upgrade to their current product I'd be willing to test it on my current stacks. But no promises on me liking it, I'm a big fan of the MC IDE. Huge fan.

But at least you're still around Scott. I felt a wave of relief reading your post!

OK, so who wants to host that mailing list?
  Regards,
    Scott

PS: it's at times like this that I miss Grant Schampel
([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  He always loved a good brouhaha, and always had
something insightful to say about the back-room dealings that make
them possible...

Shari C
Gypsy King Software
--