Richard Gaskin wrote:
David Bovill wrote:

The simple story is to use the LGPL if you may wish to distribute the open source
code with 'linked' libraries (read IDE or engine here) which is not GPL'd.

Hmmm....  I had never considered including the Rev engine with the MC IDE
distribution.  It would be convenient, given the dissection required for OS
X, but in my mind it keeps everything clean and simple to distribute only
the IDE.

It's more serious than that: if 'you' can't distribute the the MC IDE alongside the engine - then no-one can! Not on a CDROM or anything. The license preserves all rights and passes them down the chain intact - for better of for worse.