On Jan 5, 2004, at 1:37 AM, Signe Marie Sanne wrote:

At 00:48 04.01.2004 -0600, you wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm attempting to create a folder in Mac OS 9 (under MC 2.4.3) using something like:

create folder tPath -- tPath looks like "/Mac HD/folder/real/path/myFolder"
(similarly I've tried create directory thePath )

Have you tried with adding a "/" after the path?

Yes, I just tried it, and neither way works for me.

I can use answer folder to check to see if a folder is there... but the folder is definitely not there, especially since I'm getting a "Can't create that directory" problem each time I run it.

I wonder if it is an error with my mctools... I'm totally stumped right now.

I have a dialog in place right now that notifies the user and tells them a folder has not been created (and thus their course has not been saved).

I'm still totally stumped as to why it's working fine in Mac OS X but not in Classic. If anyone else has any ideas, I'd love to hear them (including AppleScript solutions) . If not, I'll probably just require Mac OS 9 users to have to create a folder manually. Oh well.

Thanks,
Karl