Robert Brenstein wrote:

But as far as I am concerned it is a kludge and a kludge that anyone
writing such plugins must always remember to follow. If I open Plugin
Manager and see something marked as a library, it should be a library.
May be I am a purist, but since plugins are new to MC, it would be a
shame to start with a kludge that is not necessary.

Using Transcript is a kludge?

I would imagine the audience for such a specific feature would be rather small, possibly more than one but unlikely to be many more given how few people use MC.

Why not just encourage ever more effective use of the language, so that the developer can have any behavior she wants wants, get a much larger audience for her effort, and the other 99% of Transcripters have the opportunity to benefit from it?

These are MetaCard folks here. Mostly professional developers, they seem accustomed to scripting a line or two as needed. :)

Come on, Richard. The issue is not in using Transcript or our ability to code.

Why did you add the "library" as plugin type? One could use auto-open with a preOpenStack handler which checks whether it is among the stacksInUse and start using it, then exit.

I am now proposing to recognize yet another type which is somewhat similar to "library" but with different execution characteristics.

Robert