I agree that the old method had its own merits, but a case in which it's described as empowering someone to perform work without ever paying for it doesn't provide strong support for that argument.

Actually it was the old method that sold me on Metacard. I downloaded the freebie version and fully intended to do something with it. But the 10 line limit or whatever it was really hindered me in a big way. No doubt others could create nifty things with the limit, but the sorts of things I was creating just didn't flow well that way. Sure I created a gazillion dinky handlers but....

In the end I bought a license :-)

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games