Shari wrote:
If you followed the improve-rev list discussion you'd see some of the issues that were discussed re. v2.7, v2.7.1, and v2.7.2, esp. with regard to QuickTime and some other areas, as noted by Trevor and others. True enough, these didn't affect all customers, but if you needed the affected features you were hosed. The QT issue is said to be fixed in v2.7.3, but I haven't verified it myself not heard from anyone who'd voted for that issue.

I am not on any list but Discussions on Metacard at the moment. Quicktime would have DEFINITELY affected me.

Apparently one of the v2.7.x-introduced bugs related to QT has been fixed:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2006-August/086309.html>

That's good news, and I can report that in my limited experience I haven't found anything yet that's a show-stopper for the apps I'm working on with v2.7.3. Earlier versions of the v2.7 series were dogdy in a few areas, introducing new bugs that had never been in the engine before, but the latest build appears - thus far - to be the redemption.

As for v2.6 vs v2.7, Apple's fickleness leaves us no choice for the long term: having implemented their third major paradigm shift in just over a decade (lowering ROI for loyal Mac developers each time), now Rev v2.7 is required to run native on newer Apple hardware.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal