Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
In the meantime I did further tests and built standalones for MC 2.6.5, 2.73, 2.74 and Rev 2.6.1, 2.73, 2.74. I tested 3 more scripts and also tested all scripts with a much larger image of 1600 X 1200. As before, no significant differences between stacks and standalones in MC and - also as before - a slight improvement for the Rev standalones compared to the Rev stacks, but a remaining difference to the MC equivalents of up to four seconds, and even one script where Rev runs *eleven* times slower than MC! See below.

Very valuable info for RunRev. Thanks for taking the time to verify that test.

It now remains to be found out which script is responsible for this abject treatment of imagedata in Revolution, where this script is located, and how we can prevent its interference.

I'm wondering if it isn't script execution at all, but perhaps memory. I can't think of any way your script could be affected by the mere existence of other scripts, since your main handler is pretty well self-contained (so "send" or other such things which might give RR's scripts some chance to intercede).

I don't believe that the scripts RR's standalone maker insists on adding to one's project are all that large, but perhaps in an intensive environment such as your image processing script requires the difference may be just enough to affect performance.

How much RAM is installed on your machine?

I'm grasping at straws here, but this is such an unexpected result that as far as causes go it may be worth remaining open to possibilities which may even seem unlikely.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation